Auto Key Programming
Transponders are complicated bits of equipment which are infamously very expensive to repair at car dealers. Employing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is truly a much quicker and cheaper choice. We have the ability to configure brand-new car keys, erase information from old ones which may have been taken, and add brand-new keys to the vehicle’s system if you would like additional keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
We know that you might not be very familiar with the most up-to-date vehicle technology. That’s why we try to demystify these things for you to make sure that you understand the issue you are dealing with.
A transponder key is similar to your normal car key EXCEPT that it features a very small technical electronic chip within it which upgrades the security of the vehicle. Every electronic chip in each vehicle key will feature a particular identification number assigned and programmed in it from the moment it was produced. The transponder key pairs with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle in order to function. Whenever you move towards the vehicle and turn on the transponder key, the receiver matches the unique number and only if it is an exact match, will the vehicle open automatically.
The Downside Of A Transponder Key
Being incredibly specialized in auto lock emergency situations, we have to inform you that this safety and security device is from time to time a double-edged sword. This is because if any element of your transponder key fails to function, the ignition will not fire up, and you are stranded with your car.
Instances Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can become scrambled by other transponders and may all of a sudden cease to work or set off an immobilizer. These kinds of scenarios are hugely infuriating and call for specialist help.
– If ever you lose or damage your transponder then there is no other option other than to reprogram a brand-new key to work with your car.
– Now and again something odd might happen to your vehicle; lights may blink, the alarm will sound, the driving wheel may well lock or maybe the car won’t start. Usually this is because of an issue with the transponder and ECU.
Bolton Auto Locksmiths possess the specialist practical knowledge and technology required to fix these kinds of issues for you at the side of the road. A large number of roadside recovery firms do not own these tools thus won’t have the ability to assist you. If something similar to this occurs, it’s wise to consult an auto locksmith first for guidance, prior to telephoning anyone else. If you call our 24 HOURS A DAY emergency customer support line, we ensure that a specialist will be with you right away to look at the matter and have you on your way as quickly as possible. Speed is our specialty, so look no further, phone us on 0333 772 0769
Our company offer the following services at really reasonable rates:
– Replacement of lost transponder keys
– Fixing of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying methods
– Key reprogramming on-board
– Synchronizing of transponder key electronic chip.
And so, if ever you’re experiencing a transponder problem, do not hesitate in getting in touch with our expert team. We leave no stone unturned to achieve a working solution making use of our specialist vehicle key programming techniques.